skip to main
skip to sidebar
DHomesb Chapter 7 Exam Answers
1. Why is IEEE 802.11 wireless technology able to transmit further distances than Bluetooth technology?
• transmits at much lower frequencies
• has higher power output
• transmits at much higher frequencies
• uses better encryption methods
2. What are three advantages of wireless over wired technology? (Choose three.)
• more secure
• longer range
• anytime, anywhere connectivity
• easy and inexpensive to install
• ease of using licensed air space
• ease of adding additional devices
3. What are two benefits of wireless networking over wired networking? (Choose two.)
• reduced installation time
• allows users to share more resources
• not susceptible to interference from other devices
4. A technician has been asked to provide wireless connectivity to the wired Ethernet network of a building. Which three factors affect the number of access points needed? (Choose three.)
• the size of the building
• the number of solid interior walls in the building
• the presence of microwave ovens in several offices
• the encryption method used on the wireless network
• the use of both Windows and Appletalk operating systems
• the use of shortwave or infrared on the AP
5. Why is security so important in wireless networks?
• Wireless networks are typically slower than wired networks.
• Televisions and other devices can interfere with wireless signals.
• Wireless networks broadcast data over a medium that allows easy access.
• Environmental factors such as thunderstorms can affect wireless networks.
6. What does the Wi-Fi logo indicate about a wireless device?
• IEEE has approved the device.
• The device is interoperable with all other wireless standards.
• The device is interoperable with other devices of the same standard that also display the Wi-Fi logo.
• The device is backwards compatible with all previous wireless standards.
7. Which statement is true concerning wireless bridges?
• connects two networks with a wireless link
• stationary device that connects to a wireless LAN
• allows wireless clients to connect to a wired network
• increases the strength of a wireless signal
8. Which WLAN component is commonly referred to as an STA?
• access point
• wireless bridge
• wireless client
9. Which statement is true concerning an ad-hoc wireless network?
• created by connecting wireless clients in a peer-to-peer network
• created by connecting wireless clients to a single, centralized AP
• created by connecting multiple wireless basic service sets through a distribution system
• created by connecting wireless clients to a wired network using an ISR
10. Refer to the graphic. In the Wireless menu option of a Linksys integrated router, what does the Network Mode option Mixed mean?
• The router supports encryption and authentication.
• The router supports both wired and wireless connections.
• The router supports 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n devices.
• The router supports connectivity through infrared and radio frequencies
11. Refer to the graphic. In the Wireless menu of a Linksys integrated router, what configuration option allows the presence of the access point to be known to nearby clients?
• Network Mode
• Network Name (SSID)
• Radio Band
• Wide Channel
• Standard Channel
• SSID Broadcast
12. Which two statements about a service set identifier (SSID) are true? (Choose two.)
• tells a wireless device to which WLAN it belongs
• consists of a 32-character string and is not case sensitive
• responsible for determining the signal strength
• all wireless devices on the same WLAN must have the same SSID
• used to encrypt data sent across the wireless network
13. Which two statements characterize wireless network security? (Choose two.)
• Wireless networks offer the same security features as wired networks.
• Wardriving enhances security of wireless networks.
• With SSID broadcast disabled, an attacker must know the SSID to connect.
• Using the default IP address on an access point makes hacking easier.
• An attacker needs physical access to at least one network device to launch an attack.
14. What type of authentication does an access point use by default?
15. Which statement is true about open authentication when it is enabled on an access point?
• requires no authentication
• uses a 64-bit encryption algorithm
• requires the use of an authentication server
• requires a mutually agreed upon password
16. What are two authentication methods that an access point could use? (Choose two.)
• pre-shared keys
17. What is the difference between using open authentication and pre-shared keys?
• Open authentication requires a password. Pre-shared keys do not require a password.
• Open authentication is used with wireless networks. Pre-shared keys are used with wired networks.
• Pre-shared keys require an encrypted secret word. Open authentication does not require a secret word.
• Pre-shared keys require a MAC address programmed into the access point. Open authentication does not require this programming.
18. What term describes the encoding of wireless data to prevent intercepted data from being read by a hacker?
• address filtering
• passphrase encoding
19. What access-point feature allows a network administrator to define what type of data can enter the wireless network?
• hacking block
• traffic filtering
• MAC address filtering
20. What are the two WEP key lengths? (Choose two.)
• 8 bit
• 16 bit
• 32 bit
• 64 bit
• 128 bit
21. Complete the following sentence: WEP is used to ______ , and EAP is used to _____ wireless networks.
• encrypt; authenticate users on
• filter traffic; select the operating frequency for
• identify the wireless network; compress data on
• create the smallest wireless network; limit the number of users on
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
CCNA Cisco Netacad V4.0 in English
DHomesb Chapter 3 Exam Answers
DHomesb Chapter 4 Exam Answers
DHomesb Chapter 5 Exam Answers
DHomesb Chapter 6 Exam Answers
DHomesb Chapter 7 Exam Answers
DHomesb Chapter 8 Exam Answers
DHomesb Chapter 9 Exam Answers
DsmbISP Chapter 1 Exam Answers
DsmbISP Chapter 2 Exam Answers
DsmbISP Chapter 3 Exam Answers
DsmbISP Chapter 4 Exam Answers
DsmbISP Chapter 5 Exam Answers
DsmbISP Chapter 6 Exam Answers
DsmbISP Chapter 7 Exam Answers
DsmbISP Chapter 8 Exam Answers
DsmbISP Chapter 9 Exam Answers
DRSEnt Chapter 1 Exam Answers
DRSEnt Chapter 2 Exam Answers
DRSEnt Chapter 9 Final Exam Answers
DRSEnt Chapter 3 Exam Answers
DRSEnt Chapter 4 Exam Answers
DRSEnt Chapter 5 Exam Answers
DRSEnt Chapter 6 Exam Answers
DRSEnt Chapter 7 Exam Answers
DRSEnt Chapter 8 Exam Answers
DRSEnt Chapter 10 Final Exam Answers
Copyright © 2010